Just Add Ink #404 - Add A Shaker

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #404

Welcome to another Friday (yay!) and a new Just Add Ink challenge! For the challenge this week Di has suggested we add a shaker to our projects!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #404


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #404


I find shaker cards a little bit of a challenge, they seem to mentally drain me putting all the pieces together but I think that's just me. I do love how fun they are, just not the work that goes into them!

For my project today I've pulled out the Magical Day bundle. I've seen so many great things done with this stamp set that I think I got a little overwhelmed and didn't know what to do with it so this is my first go with it.

So you'll notice from a few past projects I seem to be sticking with this blue/purple colour scheme. I have tried to get away from that but as this card is for my niece I needed to come back to it as these are her favourite colours. So apart from that I started my card with the backdrop to the shaker itself. I used the old Circles collection of dies to cut the circle out of the Whisper White I ended up using for the top layer of the card but so the shaker part didn't sit so high I also cut the circle from the Soft Sky mat as well. Anyway, I coloured the die-cut circle using the light Pool Party Blends marker and used the Circles collection again to create the rainbow in various shades of pink and purples. I filled the shaker with some retired sequins and closed it up. I punched some Myths and Magic glimmer paper with the retired Cupcake Builder Punch to get the cloud and adhered my magical unicorn on top of that.

Next up I worked on the mats. I had already glued them together so I could cut the circle in the right spot so I gently used a sponge dauber and some Soft Sky ink to add a little bit of soft colour to the Whisper White and then used the cloud stencil from the Pattern Party masks to spread some Shimmery White embossing Paste over the cardstock (and with my finger I had also put a little on the rainbow). Once the paste was dry I stuck the two layers on the base and then stuck the shaker part in place. A simple sentiment was used to finish it off. I hope you like the outcome!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #404 using Magical Day bundle by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #404 using Magical Day bundle by Stampin' Up!


This is a fun challenge, I hope you get time to enter! As always stop by the Just Add Ink blog to check out all the other Design Team creations!

Product List

6 comments

  1. Worth the effort Jo - your card is gorgeous. Unicorns and rainbows are the perfect shaker card theme! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this is fabulous! I love that there's a rainbow in your shaker window, and the glittery clouds are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that work was worth it Jo, I love how the colours pop against the sparkly white and just adore your idea of putting the rainbow in the shaker! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and cute, Jo! I love how you’ve kept your background colours subtle and sparkly so that all the details of your gorgeous window really pop! Unicorns and rainbows are made for each other and putting the rainbow inside the shaker is a brilliant idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outcome! Truly magical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, Jo. Love that you tucked your rainbow behind the shaker window....so cute and clever.

    ReplyDelete